Women’s Health In Women’s Hands respects the privacy of the women we serve and recognizes that any information acquired in circumstances where there was confidence and trust, is private and must be kept confidential.
- We have responsibility for personal information.
- Women’s Health in Women’s Hands (WHIWH CHC) is responsible for the information it holds about you and has policies about maintaining the confidentiality of this information.
- We are clear about why we collect information from you.
- WHIWH collects information about you so that we can provide you with health care and services as well as meet our reporting and legal obligations.
- We work in a team model where physicians, nurse practitioners nurses, therapists, dietitians and a variety of skilled staff are part of providing high quality services to you and to the community.
Your information may be shared among staff of our health centre who are involved in your care in order to be able to help you most effectively.
- We ask for your consent (agreement) to collect, use and share your personal information.
- Every client (or her legally authorized representative) will sign an agreement about how we can use your personal information.
- We will limit the collection of personal information.
- WHIWH CHC will only collect information that is necessary to provide the best care to you and to meet our legal and funding obligations.
- We use personal information only for the purposes you have agreed to unless the use or sharing is permitted or required by law.
- WHIWH CHC will not use your personal information for purposes other than care or services to you, evaluation, or managing and planning of services unless you agree or unless we are required by law.
- We take steps to safeguard your personal information.
- WHIWH CHC will protect your information and ensure its privacy.
- You can ask about our privacy policies and practices.
- A staff person can provide you with information about our policies and practices related to the management of personal information if you ask (and we will respond within a reasonable period of time).
- You have the right to know what personal information we hold about you and you can ask to see your records.
- You have the right to request access to the information we have about you. You can request access to your information by simply writing us a note and signing it. The centre will follow-up on your request within 30 working days.
- We respond to concerns and questions.
- For more information about our privacy protection practices please obtain a brochure from the front or clinic reception area. If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy policies and practices, please contact our Privacy Officer: Lori-Ann Green-Walker at 416 593 7655 ext. 4875.
You have a right to complain to the Information and Privacy Commissioner/Ontario if you think we have violated your rights. The Commissioner can be reached at:
Anne Cavoukian, Privacy Commissioner
2 Bloor St East, Suite 1400
Toronto, Ontario M4W 1A8