TOKENS & DINNER PROVIDED CHILDCARE AVAILABLE RECEIVE VOLUNTEER HOURS!
Primary Health Care
Women’s Health In Women’s Hands Community Health Centre is committed to providing holistic health services to racialized women in the GTA.
Primary health care is essential health care made universally accessible to individuals and families in the community by means acceptable to them, through their full participation and at a cost that the community and country can afford. It involves managing health care concerns within the broader social determinants of health. Our clinical team at WHIWH is a multidisciplinary team that consists of Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Chiropodists, Nurses, Dietitians, Mental Health Therapists, and Social Workers. All work as a team to ensure clients get the best care possible. We customize our programs and services to meet individual needs of clients we serve. In our service provision, we attempt to provide all available infomration, education and support to allow women to make informed choices regarding all aspects of their health and health care, and to promote health and well being. Clients are also encouraged to be very involved and advocate for their health care needs.
All services provided by staff at Women's Health in Women's Hands CHC with the exception of birth control and orthotics are free of charge
- Well Woman Care - Periodic health exams
- Breast Self Exam tutorials
- Teaching Sexually Transmitted Diseases information and treatment
- Pap smears
- Female Genital Mutilation advocacy support and care
- Mental and emotional health assessment
- Menopause counseling
- HIV/AIDS prevention advocacy support and care
- Family Planning and sexuality counseling
- Abortion counseling and referral
- Specialty Services
- Diabetes Wellness Education
- High blood pressure education
- Foot Care
- Prenatal & Postnatal Care
- Reproductive Health Care